Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Curry, Freezers, and Female Empowerement

Last night we defrosted the new freezer and got everything organized.  I am such a boring person, this new freezer space makes me giddy.  I will be able to save so much more time and money!

I also got my new cpap mask, oh it is so much more comfy.  Still I wish I did mot have sleep apnea at all.

Big for me today is this video:

Please watch, it is wonderful and to the point.  The world we live in is so hazardous for girls and their self esteem and we need to do something about it.  Women have the greatest capacity to effect change in their environments and these 'sexy' trends are systematically destroying that ability.  I wish I had the power to get this video to more than one or two women.

I am grateful to my religion for standing up to the objectification of women.  We may not hold the same positions as men, but I believe it is in large part because the positions we do have are so much more important.  As wives, mothers, sisters, friends, we are the thread that binds lives and families together and without that you have no society.  This is not to say the role cannot be reversed, some men are better suited to staying home and some women better suited to being the proverbial breadwinner.  But still a healthy strong family is created with at least one nurturer, best with two who work together.

Going to stop here to keep from rambling...

Today I am making curry for dinner, with pork and Brussels sprouts. I am out of Vermont Curry which is our favorite but I have some other brands of Japanese curry mixes I am going to try.  I am going to stuff it full of veggies too.

No comments:

Post a Comment