Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Years Project and Day One

So about 10 years ago I stopped writing in my journal daily because I developed some health issues which forced me to drop out of college and into a massive depression.  I didn't write anything for 10 years, all the lessons I learned, the good times I had, the memories of my grandma, lost because I was too depressed to write them.

So, my only goal for this year is to write here everyday.  I will not be fascinating everyday, some days may only be a sentence and I do not expect anyone to read it.  I just feel I need to do this and keep a place I can exercise my thoughts and record my experiences.

Anyone who takes the time to read them will be greatly appreciated and know that I feel so much of the support you send, and send it in return.  There will be art reports, dinner reports, kid reports, hubby reports, mental and emotional reports, gratitude reports, etc.

That being said here is todays entry:

Didn't sleep soundly last night, but I did get up at 7am to make breakfast.  To explain, it isn't an attempt to be a supper mom, I get up and make breakfast for 3 big reasons.  First, because I need to eat.  I feel so much better all day long when I do eat in the AM (It is a blood sugar thing).  Second, to save money on cereal.  And lastly it is to see my household off to a good day.

So as usual I made oatmeal with toasted pecans and cranberries.  Stayed up with April until 9:30, we did some of the activities in her Christmas princess book together (she is a very smart kid and my sis Tami is an awesome teacher).  Went back to bed as usual since I cannot function with less than 10 hours sleep (Thanks health issues...)  And didn't get out of bed till 3:30 PM.  I hate days when I sleep so much, makes me feel useless.  To be fair I needed it after the weekend and Monday I had, they just wore me out.

I am about to go make dinner, sausage and peppers with cabbage and butter potatoes.  Yummy yummy!

Best news today though is that I am feeling mentally alert and emotionally fantastic.  This is in large part to getting to spend time with my sister Tami, she fills my bucket.  And to the patience of my family and hubby who is awesome.

Oh and Tim just brought up a basket of clean towels, what a good kid!  I do love folding clothing, odd I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment